Ghorwadeshwar Hike & Bike event information & Terms & Conditions
Information about Ghorwadeshwar
‘Ghorwadeshwar’ (मराठी: घोरवडेश्वर) is near Somatne Phata, Most of the times we ICC friends visited this place.Many times started early in the morning and Cycle till Ghorwadeshwar base and start climbing the mountain.
There are stone steps till the half way and rest of the steps construction is still in progress. It was good trek and we climbed the mountain to reach the top. Total 11 caves and many water tanks date back to 3rdor 4th century. There is a Chaitya gruha which has 3 small rooms dug on left side, 4 on right side and similar 2 on back side. The main stupa is now turned into ‘Ghorwadeshwar’ temple. The sabha mandap is big to accomodate devotees. The Gabhara is extension to it and has no door. you will found the shivlinga quite unique in shape from the rest. The base of this shivlinga is squared and not circular in structure. Some of the wall has carved messages in Brahmi lipi.
The panorama of Shelarwadi, Dehu, Talegaon, Somatane was on front side and on back side there were traces of concrete jungle in Hinjewadi. On the left hand side there is another cave temple dedicated to Saint Tukaram. There is huge yatra here on ‘Mahashivratri’. Thousands of devotees climb up to take darshan on this auspicious day.
We trace the back side route i.e Gahunje stadium side and selected it for our Hike & Bike as thinking in mind that it will avoid Highway for cyclist & also Little hard & long route for trekkers , Being charity event we didnt want to keep fees High so as decided by core team we kept fees 200 for Men & 150 for women & children
For your rest curiosity of how we arrenge event & take care of all things please visit you tube video
To participate Ghorwadeshwar Bike & Hike - Click Here
Video of Ghorwadeshwar Bike & Hike 2018 - Click Here
Video of Ghorwadeshwar Bike & Hike 2017 - Click Here
Terms & Conditions
- We are promoting females & Kids to participate, Kids must shows there are proof while taking BIB.
- Carry 1 liter of water with you. Do not forget to refill your water bottles at water station.
- Throw empty water bottles, banana peels & trash in Garbage bins placed soon after every water station. PLEASE-DO NOT LITTER OUR BEAUTIFUL CITY.
- SMILE at our photographers who will capture your picture while cycling. Do not risk by posing with your hands off the handle or stunts.
- Look out for signage/ arrows & our Volunteers along your route. Volunteers would wear Fluorescent Jackets.
- We are thankful to Traffic Police for their guidance & support. Though the route has been carefully selected to avoid traffic, watch-out for traffic and any obstacles on the route. Slow down or stop if necessary. SAFETY FIRST! Cycling speed & Timing later!!
- Recheck your fitness levels – if you don’t feel good, opt out or just take it easy – there is always another event
- When you can go flat out. Contact nearest Volunteer for medical support.
- Eat fruits, sleep well & Hydrate well the day before the cycling.
- There are No baggage counters so keep your stuff with you or with a friend.
- Wear your bib number on your chest for identification.
- Do NOT continue if you start feeling uncomfortable of uneasy at any point.
- At the finish – Do stretching again. Drink water to rehydrate and get a Breakfast.
Terms & Conditions
- To avoid un-necessary hassles, misunderstandings and disputes, following rules and regulations are laid down so that the event ends in good spirit and on a positive note.
- Participant, once registered under any category, cannot cancel his/her registration. There will be no refund of registration fees paid by the participant in case of his/her failure to participate in the event. No arguments would be entertained.
- This is not a race it’s cycling & Hiking Need to finish in 3 hr. . . .
- Correct details must be filled against all the fields provided in the form. We require you to register your Personal Data in order to make a booking so we can contact you in case there be a problem with your order. Please ensure you check details provided for accuracy so we can ensure effective communications with you.
- All rights reserved by the Organizers.
- The routes are Subject to changes by the prior intimation.
- Remember this event is primarily a self-supported event although we are lucky to have support of our sponsors.
- Helmets, front headlight and rear lights/blinkers are compulsory for all cycles. Cyclists without helmets will not be allowed to participate. We will be riding in dark in start of event and we do not want accidents only because somebody did not see something because of poor light.
- Any notice sent to the email address registered with the organizers shall be deemed as received by the cyclist.
- You take full responsibility for participating in the event and do not hold Indo Cyclist Club or any of its members or associates, entities responsible for any injury or accident.
- You shall consult your physician and undergo complete medical examination to assess your suitability to participate in the event.
- You also assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat or humidity, traffic and the condition of the road, arson or terrorist threats and all other risks associated with a public event. You are not liable to blame the Organizers and Volunteers for the same.
- Understand that the event goes through the roads in the city that may have vehicular traffic especially on the return journey. Though, our volunteers will take care of managing the traffic, you are requested to watch and be careful of vehicular traffic. We request total co-operation from participants in this regards
- You agree that Indo cyclist club &/or its associates shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the event.
- You agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers from time to time in the best interest of your health and event safety.
- You also agree to stop cycling if instructed by the event organizers.
- Please carry your own puncture kits and spare tube. Puncture fixing is not under our support. Backup will be provided only for cycle failure/breakdown.
- All riders in any ride will have to bring their own bicycle, support equipment, and ride essentials.